Friday, April 17, 2009

Plan

originally posted 12/15/08

Alright, so I'm coming "home". I said I'd say it here first, and I am. With my usual sense of gusto and timing, I was hoping to pull off some sort of surprise, but I fear the cat is destined for freedom from its bag-like imprisonment.

Why the quotes on "home?" Well, I don't exactly have one, since everybody is everywhere. In a lot of ways, I guess I'm leaving home, since here I have a place where my bed and TV are. Anyway, I didn't post tonight to wax philosophic, but rather to reveal my plan, so here goes:

On the night of December 19th, I will finish work and have a party, certain to be the social event of the season. The party will certainly continue well into the 20th.

On Saturday the 20th, I will fly to San Francisco (on Singapore Air! Yay!) at 5 p.m., throw back a bunch of Singapore Slings, and hopefully catch some sleep as it is an overnight flight. I will then land in San Francisco at 11 a.m... on Saturday the 20th. the fuck? My flight actually involves time travel. This is fortunate, as my buddy Wiley will pick me up at the airport, and we will immediately haul ass to Reno. I'm hoping said time travel will allow me to win big in the sports book. After a night of booze, blackjack, strippers, Taco Bell, and general debauchery in Reno, Wiley and I will drive to Lawrence, and we expect to arrive on the 23rd, or the 22nd if we make really good time. After 1 (or possibly 2) nights in Larry, I fly to Baltimore on Christmas Eve, just in time to get my Christmas shopping done.

No comments:

Post a Comment